Dr. Norifumi KAWABATA
Department of Economic Informatics, Faculty of Economic Informatics,
Kanazawa Gakuin University (Since April 1, 2023)
Ph.D. of Information Science, Nagoya University
This page is Norifumi Kawabata’s Homepage written in English. At present, I am studying on imaging and computer science. I will write and update research memo etc. Japanese page is here.
Last Update May 27, 2023
- The Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers (ITE)
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers(IEICE)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Signal Processing Society (SPS)
- Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS)
- Computer Society (CS)
- The Institute of Image Electronics Engineers of Japan (IIEEJ)
- The Institute of Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ)
- The Japanese Society of Medical Imaging Technology (JAMIT)
- The Japan Society of Computer Aided Surgery (JSCAS)
- The International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE)
- Japan Association for Medical Informatics (JAMI)
- Society for Imaging Science and Technology (IS&T)
- Multi-view 3D Image Quality Assessment
- Color Image Processing and Analysis
- Image and Signal Processing
- Medical Image Engineering and Diagnostic Imaging System
- Information Systems Design towards the Next Generation Mobility Society
In my study field, these research fields are called as Computational Imaging Field for Information Science.
Academic Year 2023
- May 11… My one international conference paper presented in IDW’22 has been open to the public (same as open access). https://doi.org/10.36463/idw.2022.0709
- April 1… Kawabata Laboratory/Zemi (Data-Driven Signal Dynamics) starts since today.
- April 1… Today, I became an Associate Professor in the Department of Economic Informatics, Faculty of Economic Informatics, Kanazawa Gakuin University. I will educate and research on multimedia signal processing based on economic informatics.
Academic Year 2022
- March 31… Today, I retired from Principal Investigator, Computational Imaging Lab, Japan. Activity as Computational Imaging Lab has been finished.
- March 18… I have finished participation of Image Media Quality (IMQ), Image Engineering (IE), Multimedia Virtual Experience (MVE), Communication Quality (CQ) technical meeting held at Okinawa Seinenkaikan, Naha, Okinawa on March 15-17, 2023.
- March 9… Today, I became a reviewer of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- February 23… I have finished participation and presentation on February 22, 2023 in Media Engineering Technical Meeting held at Hokkaido Univ. on February 21 to 22, 2023.
- February 16… On March 31, 2023, I will retire a Principal Investigator, Computational Imaging Lab, Japan, and then on April 1, 2023, I will come back as university teacher and Dr. Kawabata’s Laboratory and Zemi will be started. Computational Imaging Lab (at present) will have finished on March 31, 2023.
- February 16… Since April 1, 2023, I will come back university teacher. Therefore, I would like to recruit one to three new joint research partners (Dr. Kawabata’s Laboratory and Zemi (Lab Name: TBA, annual update)) since April 2023. If you are interested in this recruit, please contact me. (recruitment period: March 1 to March 31, 2023)
- February 16… Since March 1, 2023, I will be moved from Sapporo city to other prefecture for activity base.
(Attention!) Please replace [AT] and [DOT] as @ and . for real address.